It may be Cinco de Mayo, but we are celebrating a different holiday today at Look + See Vision Care. Happy National Small Business Week to all the entrepreneurs out there! We love being an optometry practice and optical showroom in Austin’s 78704 and supporting other small businesses just like us.
Owning a small business has its ups and downs, but there may be no greater struggle than competing with big box chains (Costco, Walmart, LensCrafters) and online retailers (1-800 Contacts, Warby Parker). So how can we set ourselves apart? What can we do to be different? So far, I’ve found the best answer to be:
- Offer high quality and carefully curated products
- Offer competitive pricing (we price match our contacts so check with us before ordering!)
- Create a warm environment
- Provide the highest level of service
- Treat everyone that walks through the door as if they are a long lost friend.
The wonderful people who reside in Austin (especially in the neighborhoods surrounding our South 1st location) are typically aware and hip to the importance of shopping locally.
Here are 5 main reasons why I like to shop local:
- To support my community and my neighbors
- Local businesses tend to appreciate patrons more
- Local businesses make our community unique
- It strengthens our local economy
- It’s more fun!
Check out this informative infographic:
We are thankful everyday for our patients who choose to support our small, growing business. As you’re sipping your margaritas at a local eatery today, remember that you are helping to reinvest money back into the community. So…drink up!
- Dr. Vo